Shunya was founded in 2001 and remains one of the few South Asian theatre troupes in the United States. I am asking you today to help support Shunya in our mission to bring excellent South Asian theatre to Houston and support our local actors, directors and artists.
Shunya has a sustained record of excellence, with positive notices from theatre critics and audiences (such as our positively reviewed productions of Art, The Adventures of Hanuman, and 1-888-DIAL-INDIA), and enthusiastic support from the Houston arts community.
Shunya has received several Arts Project Grants from the Houston Arts Alliance, which contribute towards funding for special projects. Most recently Shunya was invited to join the Houston Arts Alliance Pre-Incubator program for up-and-coming arts organizations, which will help the leadership of the organization to develop a stronger foundation for Shunya’s future.
Throughout all of this we have functioned as an all-volunteer group. We are local students, artists, engineers, consultants, physicians and lawyers who have a passion for the performing arts. And today, we need your help.
Shunya is kicking off our first ever fundraising campaign:
The 100 by 100 Shunya Support Campaign
We are looking for 100 individuals to support us with $100 each. The funds will be in support of the 2013-2014 season, and partially toward production of the planned 2014-2015 season.
As an individual sponsor you can make a difference and help us continue to bring South Asian theatre and culture to Houston stages. Your tax deductible donation will help set the stage for a bright future.
You will be honored in a dedicated section of our website for this drive, as well as on our play programs for the upcoming productions in 2013 and 2014. In addition:
- You will receive two complimentary tickets to the performance of a show from our 2013 or 2014 season.
- You will receive a handsome Shunya 100 x 100 bumper sticker to display your support.
- You will be highlighted in periodic emails sent to our listserv promoting the 100×100 campaign and showcasing donors whom have contributed.
- You will receive opportunities for discounted merchandise or activities held by Shunya Theatre, and notified of these opportunities when they first become available.
Please take a moment to help secure the future for South Asian theatre in Houston. There are three easy ways to contribute:
1. Buy a sponsor ticket to our latest production, Partition right here: not only will you be a sponsor, you will also get two tickets to our latest show!
2. Donate via Paypal, below, even if you cannot make it to the show
3. Donate by mailing a check to Shunya, 1509 Holman Street #2, Houston TX 77004
Businesses can become corporate sponsors starting for as little as $200 to be recognized on our posters, postcards and programs. Please contact Sanjay@Shunyatheatre.org (832-452-5193) for details. For donations outside of the 100 x 100 campaign, please donate here.
We thank you for your continued patronage, and for your donation to the arts.